My Meat Man Is Adonis.

I have a friend in Boston who had developed a small crush on the butcher on her street. Every time he saw her on the street, he would smile and say "hi." She would smile and say "hi" back. But she never really talked to him much beyond that.

He was a meat man. He was her meat man. Why mix the business of meat with pleasure? What if they went out and they found out they had nothing in common? She would have to go some place else to get her rabbit, leg of lamb and brisket.

She ultimately sacrificed pursuing her crush for the convenience of not having to look elsewhere for her need of meat. I can't blame her. I think most of us would make this same choice... A good meat man is hard to find. As I have found out too.

Though, my meat man is at Whole Foods. His name is Adonis.

Yes. I am serious. That is his real name. I take my meat seriously. Especially since it is one of the few things I can actually have in my diet. I don't have a crush on him, though he is good looking. But I think it is hilarious that his real name is "Adonis." And he is brilliant at his job. And he always remembers my name.

"Hello Missus! What can I get you today?"

I told him my name months ago. And he always remembers it. Love that. I know that whatever meat question I might have, he can answer. I appreciate it.

My friend's meat man was an Adonis. Mine actually is Adonis.

More people should be named "Adonis."

Comments

Dan said…
That's way too funny. Never knew his name. Chuckle.

Popular Posts