"You Do Know How To Use The Internet, Right?"

Some day... I just don't know people. In particular, I don't seem to know my husband, Human, that well.

Last night, we went to dinner. I left work late (as it has been crazy busy lately) and we hadn't had a chance to see each other for a few days. So we decided to meet up at a restaurant near our house for dinner. We got into a discussion about redecorating our guest room over the next few weeks. And we agreed that once we got home, we boot up his computer and look at paint swatches online together.

I let him navigate our online adventure... Getting frustrated that he was using an ancient browser and didn't know how to use tabs, but would instead go to the start menu and open up a new window all together.

Eventually, I had an idea. I remembered a site where I had seen some really cool bedroom stylings. Instead of taking the computer away from him and typing, I decided to let him continue to navigate. I started to give him the web address...

"Go to dub-dub-dub-dot..." and I trailed off as I saw what he was typing into the browser bar.

www.dubdubdub.

"Um," I stared with a chuckle forcing it's way out of my throat. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Typing," he said, acting all "knowledgeable."

"You do know that 'dub-dub'dub' is short for 'double-u-double-u-double-u', right?" I asked.

"Uh, no," he looks at me, as if I don't know what the fuck I am talking about. "Who says 'dub-dub-dub? It's double-u-double-u-double-u'."

"Um, everyone who knows how to use the Internet knows that 'dub-dub-dub' is short for double-u-double-u-double-u'," I explain.

I follow it up with, "You do know how to use the Internet, right? You find stuff on it. Most people start at a search engine. They type stuff in. Results come back. They take you to information you want to read about and watch..."

Sweet Jesus! Some days, I worry about this man!

Comments

Arielle said…
I've actually never heard anyone say "dub dub dub." However, I'm pretty confident that I would have known what it meant!
Me said…
LOL! Fair enough. But my point exactly... You would have understood what it meant.
JodiB said…
hahaha - that just cracked me up. Unfortunately I would have been lost at the rub-dub-dub stage as well, but I still found it hilarious! Note to self - must learn lingo!
Me said…
I my mind, I was thinking that the "dot" would have tipped him off that "it is short for double-u."
Ly said…
Too funny! What site were you looking at? I need ideas for home decorating.
Me said…
www.lonnymag.com

It is style like a real magazine with pages you flip through.

Popular Posts