McQueen Met Exhibit: Savage Beauty.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to NYC this past weekend (actually, the main reason I planned the trip) was to see Alexander McQueen's exhibit, "Savage Beauty," at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is a collection of his work from the time he graduated from Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design. It will be at the Met through August 7, 2011.

(Postcards featuring some of the pieces on display in the exhibit.)

It was a dynamic and robust exhibit, especially since I had decided to take the audio tour for it. So many tidbits and additional information is included in the audio tour... Including interviews with those who worked with him and those who were closest to him.

I loved everything about the fantastic execution of McQueen's work in this show. This is definitely worth the trip to the Met to see. And it is definitely worth the additional $7 for the audio tour. I spent an hour and a half just in the McQueen exhibit.

My two favorite pieces from the show?


The Spring/Summer 1999 robot-spray-painted dress and the Spring/Summer 2001 Ostrich and medical slides dress.

Beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts