WarGames: Let's Not "Play" Again.

This makes me angry.

They're likely remaking one of my favorite childhood movies, WarGames.

I vaguely recall, as a six year old living in Tampa, my parents taking us out to see it and then to a Mexican restaurant called "Chi-Chis."

This movie is a classic and absolutely perfect the way it is. It breaks my heart that they would reconsider doing it over.


Matthew Broderick. Ally Sheedy. And for the love of Sweet Baby Jesus on Christmas morning - Dabney Coleman! This movie is perfect as it is... Back when we were in the paranoid early 1980s. It just wouldn't work now.

I shake my fists to you, Hollywood! I shake my fists!

Comments

marzz said…
I don't understand remakes of perfectly good movies, or remakes of perfectly good movies that were released LAST year, like "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Why?!

Hollywood has run out of ideas! Note that most Hollywood releases are remakes, sequels, animated with movie star voice overs, or superhero movies.

Having said that, I enjoyed Bridesmaids and Super8 (which is like Goonies, ET, Alien combined).

Popular Posts