Planning To Have A Life Soon.

I am hoping my crazy schedule normalizes a bit here in the next two weeks. Since getting back from Teacher Training in the Fall, I have been non-stop busy.

Why?

When I returned back to work, I had to jump into a role where I was running the place I work at... From an operations stand-point. That meant:
  • Finding a new office space for our team, which had outgrown its current space
  • Start the renewal process for a few employees' work visa renewals
  • Deal with parting ways with two employees
  • Problem-solve some bad work habits
  • Order supplies
  • Start the process for moving to a new office (securing the location, working with the designer to do what could be done with the budget, choosing furniture, find a coffee vendor, work with the moving coordinator to begin the transfer/move process, and deal with a dozen or so other details)
  • Pitch new business (This is what I should be spending most of my time doing)
  • Actually win new business
  • Search for new social listening vendors
  • Deal with billing issues
  • Manage one account actively
  • Oversee roughly 30 accounts from a top-level view
  • Hire! Hire! Hire! (Have hired 12 new people since coming back in December. These were nearly all new positions.)
  • Evolve the product based on what's going on in the industry
This doesn't count what I've had going on outside of my day job... Mostly with the teaching I've been doing at the local Bikram yoga studio. I've been so busy at work that yesterday I ate lunch IN A CAB while on my way to an appointment. This was a step-up than my usual habit of completely forgetting to eat lunch or eating it so late in the day, after not having had breakfast. I often forget to pee during the day too... Being so busy that I just can't get up from my desk, and holding it in for an extra hour or so.

I also forget to drink water. There is usually at least one day a week where by the time I get home in the evening I realize, "All I've had to drink today is a coffee, another coffee, and a glass of wine."

No water.

In the past few weeks, the move prep has been taking up a lot of my time. And with the move happening later next week, I hope this means I can get back to having time to do things other than working:
  • Actually practicing Bikram yoga
  • Writing!!!
  • Sleeping
  • Going to the gym
  • Reading
I miss not having the right amount of time to do all of the above. Just another eek or so... And then I can be a normal functioning human again.

Comments

Popular Posts