A Palate Cleanser Life.

The staycation...

It's felt like an eternity, but also not long enough.

Overall I consider it a success.

  • I got done some chores/tasks I wanted to get done.
  • I got lots of sleep.
  • I walked a lot - mostly in early evenings...

A sunset stroll around the neighborhood.

And I managed to only check my work emails and messages once or twice.

A victory, for sure.

What I didn't do... Read. Go to yoga as much as I would have liked. Gotten out of the house more.

There really wasn't any reason to leave the house. 

And this is why I likely need to move back to a big city. 

For the past 10 years, I've been living a "palate cleanser" of a life. Or have tried to, anyway. Work has always been stressful, but that's just my personality I've learned. But I've been living a very vanilla and easy life the past 10 years - and I've learned that's not innately what I am about. 

I'm not wild. That's for sure.

However, I feel like I am living below my potential. I've thought about opening myself up to conversations in NYC and Toronto recently. 

I just don't know that George could live in those cities, though.

"Move back to Boston," a friend said to me a few months ago. "Just come for an extended stay. Bring the dog. See if you like it."

Boston just doesn't feel right though. It feels faux now. Too bougie. 

"Where are all of the cerebral bad dressers? They don't exist anymore."

Another friend suggested Chicago. But I don't see myself in the Midwest either. 

"People are too nice there. Which isn't a problem, except that they'll want me to be nice too."

I need to be able to walk outside my door, and just go. And see things while meandering. Then, come home... And tuck into my space. 

I'd like to be inspired to cook again. To go out to restaurants. To sit in coffee shops and just read.

Oh gosh... To find a 26 & 2 (Bikram) class within 10 minutes of me would be a dream of all dreams again. 

Encinitas didn't fit my lifestyle. At all. It was pretty. People were nice. 

Tucson fits my retirement lifestyle. 

But I'm not ready to retire, I am seeing.

Maybe I'll change my thinking. 

Maybe I'll give it to the end of the year and see how I feel then.

For now, I'll just digest. And wait for the next course.

Comments

Popular Posts