I Think I Want To Wear Jewelry Again.

My week-long staycation has begun. 

And it started with me purging and cleaning the house. And the garage.

And the car.

So. Much. Dog. Hair.

But by 3pm I was done, and had even finished all of the laundry too. I had a bit of energy left in me, so I baked banana bread.

Though I didn't have enough butter. So I substituted greek yogurt in place - and now I don't know if I will ever do it any other way, as it produced a superior loaf.

Now I have a pile of things to donate, and could even maybe find more.

So many things I don't use or wear.

One thing I will never part with...


My jewelry. It's all costume jewelry. None of it is fine jewelry, as that's not my thing. I do have precious stones mixed in, but nothing that I think anyone would ever steal.

And I really don't wear any of this. 

Maybe I will again some day. 

But for now I have a uniform for my work days...

  • Vuori Joggers
  • A black Marine Layer v-neck tee or
  • A Sezane button down or
  • A turtleneck or v-neck sweater

And always LL Bean slide slippers on my feet. And a pop of vermillion on the lips.

But never jewelry. 

Some days I think about accepting a role back east in one of the big cities, requiring me in the office some times.

But then that would defeat the purpose of what I spent the past 10 years manifesting... Working from home, making a decent pay check, using my expertise. 

That's my problem. It always has been.

I'm brilliant at manifesting things. And then it takes me too long to figure out what I want next.

Years. Decades.

I need something motivating to always be working towards. 

I think I am just not yet ready to be quiet. Or to have the simplified life. I thought I was. 

And I think I want to wear jewelry again.

Comments

Popular Posts