Day In The Life.

The obsession I have with DITL clips from TikTok should be no surprise. 

At least to me.

The brief moments they share in a 16 hour recap of their interpretation of their day bring a sense of satisfaction and drive imagination to my otherwise dull life. 

They spend large volumes of time starting their days - pulling themselves together with precise concoctions of morning stimulants, workouts, green powdered potions, an array of products absorbed into their skin... All in order to start their day. 

And almost always their is a vignette of something pretty in their space. A shelf of perfumes... Stacks of shoes... Piles of products... 

The most I can muster that is interesting to look at is my flower arrangement on a wooden side table with a marble slab...


Their workdays seem like a fantasy - lacking in last minute requests or the demands that eat into more time than typically needed.

And they always seem to wrap their days with healthy suppers, and 10-step product routines for their face, hair, and body.

I'm envious of the detail. The commitment. The discipline.

The most I could muster when explaining my DITL is that I likely got about 6.5 hours of sleep... Gulped a cup of coffee with sweetened creamer... Negotiated with George to put her necklace (her collar) back on (as we take off each night as part of her bedtime routine)... And hopefully squeeze in a two mile walk before our workday begins. Then it is video meeting after video meeting, interrupted with angry barking fits from George at delivery people who dare to simply park their vehicles across the street... Daily I can count on a request that is time-intensive coming through... And my only hope is that I am not too mentally or physically exhausted to work out or go to yoga.

My days feel busy with never enough time to do daydream about new things to do. 

I go to bed exhausted - often falling asleep by 9:30pm. 

Though tonight, I am likely going to be up till well after 10pm so that I can finish a movie. 

I'll watch it in bed with George splaying herself over half the bed... Encroaching on my side.

Comments

Popular Posts