Sleep Is Really The Ultimate Vacation Luxury.

Today's wall was hit by about 1pm.

I was proud of the energy I had earlier in the day. 

I got up about 5:30am... Did my usual dilly-dallying till about 8am. This includes coffee, incense, morning news...


By 9am George needed a long walk. Approximately 2.5 miles. We cleared 6,000 steps before 10am. 

When I got home, I gathered up all the donations I had pulled together a few weeks back after a deep cleaning purge and shoved them into the back of my SUV. My morning plans included finally dropping those off and then heading back to Home Depot for the third time this week.

I wanted more rosemary to plant in pots. And I needed weeding tools.

I may not have yet decided what kind of landscaping I want in my yard (even though I have lived here for over four years). but I know I don't want weeds popping up in the dirt and rocks I do have.

Once home, I planted what needed to be planted... Hoed what needed to be hoed...

And then napped. Outside. In a chair.

For a few hours.

And now, it's only about 8pm... And I could fall asleep any moment, I am completely knackered.

But this is what vacation is supposed to be... Catching up on rest.

I think for the rest of this week, all I want to do is sleep as much as possible. 

I partially blame the eclipse - a big dance of the Sun and Moon, sending our internal fluids dancing differently through us than normal. 

But also I have been busier than I usually am... More productive. More focused on productivity for me and my personal space.

And I am exhausting.

Comments

Popular Posts