"I'm So Glad You Stopped Being Boring For The Day."

"How was your day, did you do anything extra cool?"

This is how I wrap up most work days. I shut my computer down. I pick up my beverage containers from my desk (there are usually at least two: a long stemmed wine glass for sparkling water and my coffee cup from the morning - which typically still has coffee in it), grab my planner and phone... 

And head to the kitchen.

Everything is dropped on the counter, and then I head outside to my large chair on the patio.

George insists on crawling m the chair with me.

And typically gives me this look...


It's her "I'm so happy you stopped being boring for the day" look.

I take a few moments pet her and ask her about here day... Which has usually been spent lounging either in the living room window bench, the bed in the primary suite, or on the bed in the guest room (which she knows is not allowed).

She's a content dog, even if she is a little anxious. (What else would a heeler be if not always on guard and protecting her pack?) But she really emotes when she is happy. 

And it makes me feel less bored with my day.

Or at least less boring.

Comments

Popular Posts