Hillary Clinton: Hell Yes!

NEVER under estimate the pull of a woman, people.

Now, I'm a registered Republican. (Though I have never voted Republican in a general presidential election - only primaries.) And Hillary Clinton's win tonight is VERY exciting.

I'm not saying I am going to vote for Hillary Clinton. And I do also like Barack Obama. But... As likable as he is, he has not been very specific about his agenda. He's been very vague. And sure, that worked for Bill Clinton in 1992... But in the Internet age, you have to be willing to give as much information as possible.

Hopefully this will start to open some good dialog on what the candidates actually stand for... If Obama wants to claim he's the guy for "change"... Then please tell us specifically what that entails. Don't just say you're going to be the guy to help the country change. (Though I do like the way he says it.)

Bottom line: Hillary Clinton (who I voted for in 2000 in the Senatorial race when I lived in NYC) is a candidate who has a record and can defend it (the good and the bad points). I would personally prefer a candidate that can say "Yeah, I fucked up on this. But here's what I learned with it."

I'm NOT down with a candidate who merely says, "I've been on the job a few years and haven't made a mistake." (Though I did like his concession speech.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't help but think that Tom Bradley is looking down on the state of New Hampshire and shaking his head.
I am a new reader of your blog (arrived here by way of Universal Hub) and I'm glad to see that you share my affinity for Hillary! I am a former Republican who switched my registration to independent shortly after the election of G.W.B. I have voted both Republican and Democrat in general elections, but am thrilled to finally have the chance to vote for a qualified woman who shares with me many (but not all) of the same positions. Obama is exciting and I felt like I was watching history as he spoke after the Iowa caucus, but I am giving the edge to Hillary for her experience, preparedness and gender as well.

I also agree with your assessment that Obama (and all of the candidates, really) must jettison the mot du jour ("change") and start talking specifics.

When can we start talking about a Clinton-Obama ticket??? I don't just don't see how a McCain-anybody ticket could generate that kind of excitement and inspiration, which this country sorely needs.
Me said…
YES Legally Brunette!

I would LOVE a Clinton-Obama ticket!!!!!!!

I have actually been salivating over that idea since last Spring.

And CT, Tom Bradley probably looks down and shakes head at many things.

Popular Posts