How To Burn 1398 Calories In 3.5 Hours...

Saturday morning I woke up feeling "blah."

I hadn't been to yoga in a few days, and I hadn't been to the gym since Thursday morning. So I decided that I was going to kick my fitness routine up to 11 on Saturday.

I started off at the gym on the treadmill. I did the following routine:
  1. 1 minute: Walk at 3.7 mph at 2.5 incline.
  2. 1 minute: Walk at 3.9 mph at 2.5 incline.
  3. 1 minute 30 seconds: Jog at 4.2 mph at 2.5 incline.
  4. 1 minute 30 seconds: Jog at 4.5 mph at 2.5 incline.
  5. 30 second: Sprint at 7.5 mph at 2.5 incline.
  6. 1 minute: Full stop, stand on the sides of the treadmill. (Do this 8 times.)
  7. 2 minutes: Jog at 4.5 mph at 2.5 incline.
  8. 2 minutes: Walk briskly at 4.0 mph, bring incline down to 1.5.
  9. 1 minute: Walk at 3.7 mph at 1.5 incline.
  10. 1 minute: Walk at 3.5 mph at 1.5 incline.
Doing this combo made me burn 250 calories (according to my personal heart monitor). I followed the running up with 28 minutes on the elliptical machine. And then I stretched. In total, I burned through 515 calories at the gym in just under an hour.

Then, since it was 2pm, I walked to the Bikram yoga studio near South Station. This took me (at a leisurely pace) 25 minutes to do. And I burned another 158 calories.

The Bikram yoga class was the big winner for the calorie burn. I worked off another 725 calories in the 90 minute class.

And I would have burned off another 100 calories walking home from yoga, but I was in a hurry to get back and decided to take a cab instead.

Burned 1398 calories... Not bad for a few hours!

Comments

Popular Posts