Absolutely Alice.

I have about 30 days left in my Bikram yoga challenge. And while the challenge prevents me from taking care of some beauty habits I have (such as coloring my hair - as the color would just bleed out from a daily practice), I am able to take care of at least one grooming habit I have...

Pedicures.

The last time I had a pedicure was at Miraval in December. I haven't had much spare time to do anything lately... Between work, dental appointments and the challenge. But yesterday, I took two hours out of my busy day and sat down at a fancy neighborhood nail bar (Lux Spa) where I watched the Sex and the City Movie and had my toes painted a sparkly aqua blue.


Silly, I know. But I was captivated by the color. With so much rain and cloud coverage this weekend, I was dreaming of a sunny Caribbean beach. The rest of the gloomy colors just didn't appeal to me. I wanted the sparkly blue... Or, "Absolutely Alice" as it is called, by OPI.



If you haven't seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I think you should. I know not everyone is happy with it... But I adored it. The colors... The dresses... The silliness... The interpretation of the story... I liked it all.

And I like my pedicure. Will definitely be going back to Lux Spa next month.

Comments

Bayjb said…
I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet but it's on my list to see. Can't wait. I've heard mixed things but trust my friends more.
Liz said…
I ADORE this color. I want it on my hands ( :
Good for you, I am always a chicken when I get to the nail salon. I bet that gives you a much needed pick me up in yoga when you look down at your toes!

Popular Posts