Need Less Detergent.

Eww.

Great Bikram class tonight. Great class. But, there was a bit of an issue...

First, I noticed it in Triangle pose. In the studio where I practice, we turn on our towels when we do a few poses. So when we do Triangle, we are spreading our legs length-wise on our towels. And in tonight's Triangle, my left foot (close to the top of my towel) kept sliding.

"Why is my towel so slippery tonight?" I wondered.

I figured it out by the time I was in Camel pose... That's when I saw the foam trail on the top part of my towel. It appeared that I hadn't gotten all the detergent out of my clothes when I washed them the other night.

In Rabbit pose, I managed to get some of the detergent into my mouth... And I began spitting and raspberry-ing it out of my mouth through the remaining postures.

It was nasty.

From now on... I may only wash my practice clothes with hot water and vinegar. No detergent at all. I don't ever want to taste that again.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
Oh dear God, you can't even take a sip of your water at that point....nothing would help! Ugh. Bikram is challenging enough without eating detergent during floor series!
On that note I learned not to use fabric softner on my yoga towels/clothes for that same reason. Slippery. :)
April Elizabeth said…
That is so gross. I can't even imagine. I hate when you get soup in your mouth. Detergent must be so much worse?

The hot water and vinegar sounds like a good idea but maybe machine wash with detergent once a week and double rinse? I'd be afraid that long term vinegar wont be able to kill that bikram sweat smell.
Catherine said…
Ew. Ew ew ew. You described it so well, even I'm puckering. Ew.
Me said…
Good to know about the fabric softener, BYC!

AE... The vinegar actually neutralizes the smell of the clothes. So no odors when you wash with it.

Catherine, I am still puckering, almost 20 hours later.
Nichole M said…
blech! that sounds horrible!
Dan said…
Beware of the tainted towel.

Popular Posts