Bikram 101: 60 Down. And A Decision Made.

I had a dream the other night... I was on a swing. It kept swinging back and forth.

Back and forth. Back and forth.

I've been in between choices. For a while now. My heart was truly split between two things. And I was afraid to pull the trigger and make a choice. But having gone through the first 60 days of the Bikram 101 challenge, I now know that the time is right for me to finally move forward with something I have wanted to do over the past three and a half years...

Go to Bikram Yoga Teacher Training.

Yes. I was supposed to go last Fall. But there were too many changes going on at once in my life that I decided I needed some stability instead. I didn't want to take off and go into debt after buying a house, just to pay for teacher training. I also wanted to establish a work history here in Canada. So when a job opportunity- a good one - presented itself, I decided taking it was the right thing to do.

And it was.

I was able to re-save for training. I was able to establish myself at my job, and work out a way to leave for a few months to go to training... And have a job when I come back. And we will have had the house for over a year at that point.

I am much more comfortable going away now. I am ready.

So the decision has been made. No matter what, I am going to Bikram Yoga Teacher Training this Fall. Even if it is still in Vegas.

Time to start studying that dialogue again.

Comments

Catherine said…
Wooooo!!!!! Congratulations! How exciting, and especially nice when you've got other details figured out. I'm happy for you. :)
thedancingj said…
Good, great, excellent, brilliant, and about time!! (Hey, you bugged me about going to TT for ages, it's only fair that I should return the favor!) I will try to come and visit your training for sure. :)
Cara said…
I know Vegas is not the IDEAL place, trust me I live here, but there is great shopping and wait, I'm here!! lol I am so happy for you and you have been a great inspiration for me and my yoga practice as well!!

Congrats on your decision and I hope to meet you when you come out!!!!
bikramyogachick said…
I'm so happy you are pulling the trigger!
For your sake, I hope it's not in Vegas, as I KNOW this is not your first (or even tenth) choice. But if it is here, can't wait to meet ya!
Sisya said…
Hey! If all goes as planned, I will join you at TT in the fall!
That's great news! I hope it works out for you this time!!! Fingers crossed.

x0x0
Me said…
LOL! Thanks everyone!

Dancing J: I know! It is only fair that you bug me too!
Meaghan said…
Congrats! I think you are making the right decision! Live what you love...
Mei said…
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Remember - laminate your dialogue.

Study AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE - try up to the spine strengthening series.
Me said…
Any tips you can give us who are attending, Mei, would be awesome!!! thank you!
Catherine said…
Out of curiosity, why the disappointment about Vegas? I feel the same; just wondering about you.
Me said…
I just want some place more serene and peaceful than vegas. There are too many distractions there.
Liz said…
SO EXCITED *still*! I know it's far away but I can't wait for us to get there! I'm praying (and I don't pray) I can get a leave of absence too. I wonder when they will post the exact locale on the Bikram website...
Allie said…
Good for you! That's so exciting!!!!
Ahhh, how wonderful. Congrats on making the decision!!

Can't wait until you make your way back down to Boston once you're a teacher and lead us through our practice. :)
bikramarian said…
Excellent! I'm so happy for you, and also happy for me because it will be fun reading about that on your blog (even if you can't blog until you get back). Best of luck!

Popular Posts