"..Like A Tea-Tray In The Sky."

My life is very busy lately. But despite everything I have going on right now, I managed to find time to get my sister Red's shower invitations printed out and put together...


Yes. It's a bridal tea shower. But she doesn't know where yet. She doesn't get to find out until she receives the invitation later this month.

I hate showers, normally. I didn't have a bridal shower myself. And if I ever have a baby, I don't want a baby shower either. I find most showers tacky, with all the games and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE parties. With great food. And wine. And conversation. And amusing games. But let's face it... Shower games are TACKY to the Nth degree. So, of course, I will not allow them at my sister's shower.

Not sure if she wants them. I didn't ask. Since I am hosting, I am making the decision... No tacky shower games. Instead, we will have a lovely afternoon tea. And champagne cocktails.

Tacky champagne cocktails.

Comments

Prodigal Yogini said…
All blessings on you! I HATE SHOWER GAMES! I'm afraid I've gotten rather cranky about the d@mn one where you have to eat the baby food and tell what it is. Asinine! I don't even think babies should eat that stuff.

Give me a champagne cocktail anytime!
Anonymous said…
I think even if you say - you don't want a bridal shower, it would have been nice of your "friends" or family to throw you one. Its not about tacky games or drinks - its about celebrating a big event in someones' life. I am pretty sure if a shower was "tacky" then no maid of honor or friends - would ever throw one.
Me said…
LOL! I think most people would agree with you, Anonymous. But I made it clear that I do NOT like showers or parties thrown for me. I am all shades of AWKWARD when I have stuff like that done for me. I only caved in and agreed to a wedding if my husband let me keep it with a "fancy dinner party" kind of feel.

Popular Posts