Non-Tacky Bridal Tea Shower.

This past weekend, I went back home to Phoenix and threw my younger sister a bridal shower. Instead of the typical tackiness that usually happens at bridal showers, I decided the following:
  • There would be no awful shower games.
  • There would be no collection of the ribbons in order to make a "ribbon bouquet" for the dress rehearsal.
  • It would be a nice afternoon tea with an open bar at a high end hotel.
So I threw my sister, Red, a tea shower at the Ritz Carlton in Phoenix. A nice, quiet gathering with a stocked open bar, Sprinkles cupcakes for favors, sunflower centerpieces (which I styled myself) and yummy tea courses!

The first course... Savory...



The second course... The sweet stuff!


That was the MOST amazing chocolate-dipped strawberry on our individual plates.

And here is a picture of the only remotely tacky thing at the shower... (And it isn't even "tacky")...



That is a picture of Red opening her gifts while wearing a custom pair of "Bridal Mickey" ears. Our Mum got it for her. A small veil was attached to the back... And her name was embroidered on it as well.

Much more cute than tacky, considering Red will be getting married in early June at Disneyland.

The shower was just lovely. I very much recommend the Ritz Carlton in Phoenix for your event needs. All I had to do was email them what I wanted, and they made it happen.

And the whole thing was the most non-tacky bridal shower ever.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
Very classy! Of course, from you, I would expect no less. Your taste is impeccable!
:)
Meghann said…
I did a kind of similar shower for my sister. We basically had a cocktail party at a bar. I hate typical showers, with the games, etc. Since my sister and her bouyfriend live out of town and never get to see everyone, it was co-ed and all the gifts were with sent to their place or were given gift cards. Everyone loved it, as I am sure they did at yours! If she lived in town, I probably would have had something similar to yours.

Popular Posts