Watermelon Margaritas.

It's the long May weekend.

In the States, it happens the last weekend in May... To celebrate Memorial Day. In Canada, it happens the weekend around May 24th... To celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. Either way, both long weekends mark that start of Summer. And with the weather very warm here in Toronto, I decided I would spend some time in my back garden.

With a cocktail of course.

And my choice of cocktail? Watermelon margaritas!

Simple ingredients...


I mixed together a 1/2 cup of sugar with a 1/2 cup of water in small pot. I boiled them with some strips of orange peel to make a citrusy simple syrup for a few minutes.

Then I took 2 cups of seedless watermelon, and blended them in a blender. I then pushed them through a strainer and into a pitcher.

Once it was cool enough, I added the syrup to the watermelon juice. I took three limes and juiced them into the pitcher as well. And then dumped in a whole cup of silver tequila.

Refreshing!!!


And strong.

Comments

April Elizabeth said…
oh yum! good recipe

Popular Posts