Golden Globes Style: Some Love. Lots of WTF!?!

I am not a fan of awards shows. The only reason I have even bothered watching bits and pieces of them at all in recent years is due to the eye candy.

The style! The glamour!

So last night, I caught a wee bit of the red carpet pre-show for the Golden Globes. Then I watched Ricky Gervais's monologue. (LOVED IT!) Then I tuned out.  That's just how I roll when it comes to these things.

And now, I wanted to take a moment to dissect what was worn.

OVERALL: I was split. There were ones I LOVED. And ones I really HATED. And everything else in the middle was just "boring."

The Big Winners:

Sophia Vegara - LOVE! She can do no wrong!

Tilda Swinton. Either love her or hate her. I think she is divine.
Sexy and graceful. Charlize Theron.

Dame Helen. Hope I am this hot in my 60s!


Love the color. LOVE the Wonder Woman-like belt on Emma Stone!



The Big Losers:
Was she going for a "Blood & Honey" look to complement her movie? Ugh, Angelina.


Hi. My name is Nicole. And just like with Botox needles jabbed into my forehead (which never moves), I like to have my gowns jabbed with studs.

What the fuck? No really. SMG, what is this shit?
Totally get it. You just had a baby. But you could have tried a little harder to bring less frumpy and more sexy, Maya.

Really, bitch? This is the Golden FUCKING Globes. Not high tea at the Peninsula Hotel. You had a sexy show (American Horror Story). And this is how you pay your respects to Ryan Murphy for giving you awesome writing?





Comments

Re: SMG, her daughter apparently picked out the dress. Sorry Charlotte, that one was a fail!

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20552369_20561958,00.html
I don't watch this stuff but your comments are so succinct and articulate, I feel like I got the Cliff Notes version. Now, if you could just post the best clips of Randy Gervais' dialogue.

Popular Posts