Health Dish For The Weak: Roasted Bone Marrow.

Yeah... So I know that four years ago when I tried it, I said I would never eat it again.  Even though it was delicious.

Well here it is years later, and a fellow Bikram teacher (and fitness model/chef) wrote a post about a recipe she put together for Roasted Bone Marrow with Parsley Salad.  It sounded too delicious and simple, I had to try it.

So yesterday I went to a butcher in the West Village and picked up three small bone pieces, which were super cheap... As well as the rest of the ingredients...


Parsley, lemon, shallot, capers, cornichons, baguette...

Then I dropped the marrow pieces into a pot and popped them into a 400 degree oven...


Super simple...  Didn't need to put anything on them, just simply put them in a pan on their own and pop into the oven.

Only 15 minutes and they are done.


You serve with the Parsley Salad and some the baguette, toasted.

The toast is for spreading the bone marrow onto.


Looks creepy... But is really, really good. And good for you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow I so want to be brave enough to try this!
Me said…
YOu can be!
That Girl! said…
As quoted in the NYT: "An ounce of marrow has nearly 300 calories and is virtually all fat".

This is not to say it's not delicious and amazingly tasty, it really is! They have marrow on the menu at Craigie Street and it's all I think about ALL THE TIME.

Bone marrow is really good stuff.

Popular Posts