Kicking The Java Habit.

Make no mistake. You're reading that headline correctly.  I seem to have inadvertently kicked my coffee habit without even intending to.


Pourquoi?

It started nearly two weeks ago when I met up with my family in Disney World (yes, you're reading that right). Each morning, I would get a coffee to wake me up... But I would only drink about a third of it before we were off and running around.  By the time I got back to NYC a week later, I was exhausted and my chest hurt from eating so horribly over the trip. So I wasn't craving coffee. Or any disgusting food.

Instead, I was craving water.  

So since then, each morning when I wake up, I drink a glass of water.  And then I drink Yerba Mate tea while at work.  And you know what?

I feel so much better!

My chest doesn't hurt.. And I've had far less feelings of "oh man, I gotta puke!" in certain poses in Bikram this week. 

I will still, most likely, enjoy a cup on the weekends.  As I do love the taste of coffee. But for now, it's not a daily habit. And who knows if it will return.

Comments

Kara said…
Good for you! I'm a coffee-holic, so it sort of pains me to say that this is probably a good thing. The rational part of my brain knows that all that caffeine and the fat and calories from the cream/sugar are NOT good. Yet...I love it and can't imagine my day without it. Perhaps eventually I will cut back and make it a once in a while treat.

Popular Posts