Short List Of Reasons To Live: January 8, 2012.

Ah yes. With the new year, I am bringing back my commitment to write this weekly post. And this time, it's going to stick!

So I give you this week's Short List of Reasons to Live...


  • Mockingjay. I am halfway through the third book in the Suzanne Collins Hunger Games series. I devoured the first book in five hours straight. Then read the second book while at Disney World last week.
  • Bikram. Been a way a week... And have quite a few classes to make up for my challenge. Fun times. But as I like remind my students before class, "Everything you need to get through the class is inside of you."
  • My office. I finally have an office again at work. This may not seem like a big deal... But I didn't realize that even though I was taking a step up in position with my new job that I would be taking a step down in office accommodations. And it ended up being a big deal to me, as I had just come from a job where I spent months dictating what a new office space would look like.  And I not only had my own ridiculously large office with large windows, I also had a couch. But now I have an office again. And can now be as loud as I want when I talk. (Not that I was quiet when I sat at a desk in the open.)
  • Back in work mode. It's been two weeks since I went on vacation. I am very ready to be back in the office, because I have quite a bit of "stuff" with which to deal. My lackadaisical brain is shutting down... Aggressive and productive brain is ramping up.
  • New Hampshire Primary. Aww yeahhh!  It's election year again. And from here until late summer, the entertainment is being provided by the Republican Party only. And highly entertaining it is. The crazies have come out... And they aren't afraid to open their pie-holes. The debates so far have been a good time. But it will be fun to see what happens this Tuesday, and if anyone else drops out as a result.

Comments

Popular Posts