Cusco - One Week Away!

Dang!

Time is FLYING!  I realized earlier this week that I leave for Cusco, Peru a week from TODAY!

And I hadn't even collected my thoughts on packing list.  So this morning, as the painter showed up to lacquer up some more of my built-ins, I headed out to Swami's (a local place for awesome diner-type food...) and pounded back cups of Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee while I wrote out my list...


It's the end of Summertime in Cusco. It's just south of the Equator. And it's the rainy season. Oh... And it sits at an elevation of over 11,000 feet.

So that means... Rain. Cold. Bursts of Sunshine and warmth.  Basically, it's a bi-polar weather situation. 

Agh!

I know. I know. "Where's my sense of adventure?"

Don't worry. It's going in this backpack. Along with everything else...


I headed out to the REI store this morning and got a high quality one of these...


I'm sure it will get used quite a bit.

And a few more pairs of these for walking around and hiking...


The toiletry bag - unlike my trips to the Amazon - will be filled with girlie stuff... Including Oribe shampoo and conditioner. I will be staying in a place with electricity. And warm water. So it will be expected that I actually be hygienic.


Lots of leggings... Yoga pants... Hiking shoes... And tee shirts...

I can't wait to get there!

Comments

Popular Posts