Recommended: Raw, Vegan Deliciousness In Encinitas.

"You have to try Peace Pies. Ohmygosh... How have you not tried it yet?"

This was from someone else who works and lives in the area. They were surprised that I hadn't ventured across the Coast Highway to the side streets where the little cafe resides at the edge of a cluster of beach homes.

If you blink, you'd miss it. It's small.

Peace Pies is a raw, vegan cafe. And I finally had an excuse to try it this weekend as friends visited me from Phoenix. They are into eating healthy for various reasons... So I figured it was time to finally try it.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I assumed it would be a little "off-tasting" because it was "cheez" and "meat" made of nuts and vegetables and yeasts and such... But I was wrong... 

It was amazing.

We found so many things on the menu that sounded too pass up trying. Including...


Nachos made from red bell pepper chips, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, guacamole, walnut meat and cheez...


Zucchini "zoodles" with a cashew nut cream alfredo sauce...


The best hummus I've ever had...


Lasagna made from layers of tomato and zucchini...

Then came time for dessert. And we splurged...


Creme brûlée "Cheez" cake...


Coconut cream pie...


And a pudding parfait.

I can't wait to find time to head back over there. It was pricey but worth it. It was definitely worth the shuffle across the highway and squeezing into the parking space on a cramped little street.

Comments

Popular Posts