Embracing the Paradox: My Unwavering Commitment to Stress-Inducing Relaxation Rituals.

 I will never give up this ritual...


An evening deep bubble bath. Even in summer, I have one. Not every night. Because sometimes I have to travel.

But every night I am home? Yes.

It's part of the bedtime routine. And George, my dog, knows that as I am running the bathwater and turning down my bed, part of the bath ritual lead-up includes giving her a dental treat that tastes like chicken and includes a slathering of toothpaste that tastes like beef.

 I scroll TikToks while in the water. But first I double cleanse the skin. A balm, then an exfoliating cleanser. It's easy for me to remain submerged up to my shoulders for an hour. But occasionally I have the discipline to pull myself out after only 30 minutes.

But it's not as "relaxing" for me as I think it is...


This is the measurement from my Oura Ring for stress. The hot bath, exercise, hot yoga, a hot sauna session... These "relaxing" things put my body into a stressed state.

And surprisingly, I spend most of my work day in a relaxed and restored state. 

It doesn't make sense to me. But regardless, I'm not giving up my hot bath ritual. A little stress is a good thing.

Comments

Popular Posts