I Don't Watch Much TV. And I Work A Lot.

I debate monthly with myself that guest room in my house is even needed.

I have guests maybe once a year. And only for one night, usually. 

So the thought passes for me to turn it into a TV room and take the TV out of the living room.

But I really don't watch much TV.

And I own five TVs already.

Seriously.

One in every room in the house - there for in the event I want to watch TV while in that room.

Living room. Bedroom. Guest room. Office. Gym.

(It's a life where the priority is about convenient indulgences.)

Recently, I settled on the placement of my office in the house - driven by two key things...

  1. It's location on the Feng Shui Bagua Map - in the money corner.
  2. And the amount of light the room gets.

I need lots of natural light to motivate me. 


And clearly lots of plants. There are 16 of them in this room. (And upwards of 50 in the house.)

And for now, a dining table till I can find a desk I like for the space.

My dog spends most of her day sleeping on the sectional next to my desk, only to be distracted from it when the pool man visits on Tuesdays to clean a pool I never use... Or when she senses it is the time of the day when the postman should be arriving to slide the mail into the slot straight into the house.

She lives for the "thunk" of the swinging panel on it.

When she hears it, she jolts up from deep sleep and runs down the hallways to her perch in the front window. 

And when she runs, the hallway carpets slide under her... creating a Scooby-Doo "running in place" for a few seconds kind of effect.

It's never not funny.

But back to the guest room... I dislike having rooms that rarely get used. The dead energy of the space. 

But I don't really need another room dedicated for TV that I don't watch.

Comments

Popular Posts