Jubilantly Tattered Roses.

The best time for choosing is Saturday mornings. 

The Trader Joe's that has been in the same place for close to 30 years now is somewhat quieter early on Saturdays. And the shelves are restocked, along with the flower bins.

A dozen roses for $10. 

I used to find roses dull and boring.

But the threadbare and ruffled ones I seem to find each week at TJ's force a dreamy glaze in my eyes. 

I particularly drawn to the pink ones lately...



When I picked these up this past Saturday, the person at the register was concerned.

"Do you want to go pick out some different ones?" they asked.

A smile. A gentle shaking of the head.

"No, these are perfect as is," I said.

They didn't seem to believe my sentiment. I ignored that energy.

They brought me perfect joy.

The faded color. The fullness of the blooms. They delicate fine line wrinkles.

I feel more "me" when I look at them each morning. 

I don't want what others want. 

Comments

Popular Posts