A "Don't Fuck With Me" Energy.

Out of all the types of makeup up one could wear, as I child I longed to wear lipstick the most.

And not some boring soft pink or mauve color. I wanted to wear a bright color. 

A red color.

So when I was in seventh grade and finally allowed to start wearing lipstick and blush (no eye makeup was allowed till high school), I went as bright as my mum would allow with the lipstick. It was 1989/1990... And a shiny fuschia color was the rage for the teen set.

That pull for the bright lipstick went away by the time I started high school, and the trend switched to dusty roses, mauves, and some brownish-nudes. And it lasted till about 13 years go, when I started wearing a bright red-orange color by Tom Ford called "Wild Ginger." I've worn it since as my go-to... Swapping in other Tom Ford colors here and there.

When I wear it, is a symbol of power. Confidence. 

It primarily gives a "don't fuck with me" energy... Which is something I give off innately, I am told. And the bright lip just adds to it.

But today I got my hands on a different brand of vermillion-esque lip color going through a popularity surge, and so I may be switching it up for a while...

To this...



... Is Elson 2 from the "Taylor-Made Lip Kit" by Pat McGrath.

Just a wee bit redder than my Wild Ginger. And it's matte. I never thought I would enjoy wearing a matte lipstick. The dryness...

I dislike lipgloss and dryness of my lips... The extremes.

But this stuff feels nice.

And it lasts.

This is me after eating a breakfast wrap today...

I never grew out of my draw to lipstick. And I never will, it appears.

All I need to feel put together is sunscreen, water-flossed teeth, a cup of coffee, spectacles... And a bright lip.

I dare someone to fuck with me while I wear this.

Comments

Popular Posts