2012 New Year's Resolutions.

All right. Let's do this.

Shit I Will Do This Year:

  • Let creativity rule decisions, rather than money or power. This applies to personal as well as work life.  Going to live the next year by challenging my mind (and my team) to focus on creative outputs, rather than worrying about the financial components. 
  • Bikram 101 Challenge.  By March 31st, complete 101 Bikram yoga classes.
  • Consistent Bikram practice, post Bikram 101 Challenge. This was my downfall after my last Bikram 101 Challenge two years ago, as well as my downfall after I got back from Bikram Yoga Teacher Training. I failed to keep my momentum going at all. I vow to keep a 4-day-a-week practice after March 31st, no matter what.
  • Daily meditation. I've found this to be incredibly important over the past few weeks.  It is helpful to clear the mind, if even only for a minute or two. But the goal for me is 15 minutes every morning. I need to develop a better discipline of controlling my mind. I am impressed I have gotten as far as I have in life while having a completely "A-D-D" mind. IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES THAT LIE BEFORE ME WITH A MIND I AM ABLE TO ACTUALLY CONTROL.
  • Visit South Africa and South America. This IS happening this year. If the world is going to end next December, I need to have visited all the major continents. Most likely, South Africa will happen as a trip with friends.  South America will happen with The Husband. (He is unwilling to fly the distance. Now, if I was a "whiney wife" I would say, "I never get to do anything fun because my husband doesn't want to do it." But that's not ever what I say. I say, "Fuck it. I'm going to do it anyway." )
  • Call my mother once a week.  Oh, if you know me... You know how I LOATHE talking on the phone. (My 13-year-old self would be horrified to hear this.) But I think if I can handle Skyping with my husband every day, I can be responsible enough to call my mother once a week. (Who happens to be a very lovely person to talk to, and not at all like the stories I hear from other people about when they talk to their own parents.)
  • Visit Sedona. Sad that I grew up in Arizona, and have never been to Sedona. That changes this year. I may even do the trip solo.
Oh the creativity and adventure in store for me! What about you?

Comments

Happy said…
Sedona is wonderful--can't wait to hear your blog post(s) about it!!

Popular Posts