Bikram 101, Day 1: Return To The Light.

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

The Winter Solstice was today. Yesterday was the longest day of the year... And from here, we start heading into the lighter days. I think the tendency in Winter is for one to think of bleakness. Especially after the holidays wrap up.  It often feels like all that lays ahead of us is cold and doldrums.

I know these feelings well. In the past few years, too well.

But today, I decided I would kick off my Bikram 101 Challenge. Last time I did this was two years ago.  I made a whole blog (with the help of others) about it. I wanted to do it again this year because I need it. My practice has gone to complete crap. And I have built up a lot of "junk" mentally and feel shredded physiologically.

I was in the dark. And it was time to return to the light. For my soul and my body.




Comments

Saar said…
Good luck, I hope you'll get back to the joy of practice - and lose some 'junk' on the way.

Popular Posts