Bikram 101: It's Time Again.

Alrighty!

Two years ago I made the decision to complete the Bikram 101 Challenge.

I had done a few 30-day challenges and even a 60-day challenge. But before I went to Bikram Yoga Teacher Training, I wanted to do a 101-day challenge.

Just refresh you memory... That's 101 consecutive days of Bikram yoga.

My policy (which, admittedly, is more lenient than the "hardcore" practitioners) is that if you skip a day, you have to double up on another day.  The overwhelming thought of doing two classes in one day is more a "mental" than anything.  And for me, the reality is that there will be days in which I will have to double up. My schedule isn't going to provide me with the opportunity to practice every day... At least not on days when I have to travel.

My challenge begins January 8th this time, as I will be away on vacation from the 1st through the 7th.  And this time, I'm adding another dynamic to the challenge:

I'll be doing it vegan.

Last time around, I ate whatever I wanted. It was the first time I had done so much yoga. And having to think about what I was putting into my body just wasn't going to happen. But this time, I am in a better state. I know what to expect, having done it already AND having been to teacher training.

So here's to the new year and the challenge! Who else is in?


Comments

Miss Copsey said…
I'm in, and I'll join on the vegan diet too, though I will probably eat vegan 5 out of 7 days a week.
Me said…
That's a good idea! Go vegan 5 days.
Simmm said…
Wow, awesome plan! I will not join you guys, however, I will continue my perpetual challenge of "3 days on, 1 day off". It's been working best for me with my schedule and has provided me with the balance I need not to burn out. Yay for a regular practice! :)
Alyson O'Holic said…
I'm considering doing a 30 day!
bikramarian said…
Good luck! Looking forward to reading about the challenge.
marzz said…
I started my Bikram 101 on Jan 1, and I've been vegan since September (though I fell off the vegan wagon during the holidays). If I successfully complete the challenge, then I think I'm ready to commit to teacher training. Looking forward to your Bikram 101 posts!

Popular Posts