Christmas Dinner.

Here in NYC, I am without all my fancy kitchen accoutrements that I have in the Toronto house.  This makes it more difficult to do all the cooking and baking that I love doing. However, since The Husband agreed to do Christmas here in the city with me, I agreed to cook dinner as I usually do.

So I made it as easy as I could.

While I love the idea of cooking turkey for holiday dinner... I have never cared for the actual cooking of the beast.  So instead of turkey or nasty pig ass (also known as "ham") I decided to make lamb chops.

Slather a mixture of garlic, balsamic vinegar and grainy mustard on them. Let them sit for a couple of hours. Then throw in a 450 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.

I served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.  The garlic and the asparagus I roasted right beside the lamb.


While the dinner wasn't completely vegan, as we did have medium rare lamb... I did make it dairy-free.  The mashed potatoes were made from scratch with olive oil instead of milk or cream to keep them moist.  And then for dessert, I made a very easy and healthy version of an apple pie...


Poached apples with vanilla bean coconut milk ice cream.

If you discount the time I let the lamb rest with the marinade before cooking it, the whole thing took under an hour to prep and cook.

I don't do "high maintenance" cooking.  Not even on holidays.

Comments

Popular Posts