Shellac & A Thoughtful Surprise Gift.

About two weeks ago I went in for my first Shellac Manicure.  One week in, I took a steam shower at my home in Toronto... And after I came out, part of the color on the left thumb nail rubbed off.  Other than that, though, this stuff rocks.

True, I had heard people were split on liking it... Mostly because to get it off you have soak your fingers in some hardcore nail polish remover.  But that doesn't bother me.  So today I went back in for a second one.


Liking the finish on this stuff.

While there, a guy who came in two weeks ago with his wife popped into the nail shop.  They seem to be regulars there and are very sweet. They both get manicures and pedicures together.  It's very sweet. Today he was popping in to pick up a last minute Stocking Stuffer gift for his wife.

"I'd like to buy her six Shellac Manicures," he requested.  "That should keep her set for a while."

All the Asian women working in the salon started to swoon.


"He's such a good husband."


"Have you met his wife? They are so sweet. They have been married six years."


"Very lucky woman."

He then took out a gift he had just come from buying for her. It was a beautiful antique ring.

"We have seen it in a nearby store for a few weeks," he said. "We are going to go by there in a few minutes to buy it for her for Christmas. But I've already bought it and am going to surprise her on Christmas morning with it. So she will be sad tonight... But very happy in two days!"

The women started to swoon again.

Even I - a woman with a heart of stone - was swooning a little.  The 6 Shellac Manicures alone cost about $180.  Then she gets an antique ring on top of that? Lucky girl!

Comments

elisa said…
Aww. That was super sweet. I'm sure he feels like he's a lucky guy too.

I LOVE shellac manicures. I was getting them regularly. I had to stop though. They are crazy expensive to get 2x a month & I wasn't too thrilled with having my fingers under a UV light. I'm thinking of getting them every once in a while for special occasions.

Happy Holidays!
Amy said…
I loved the shellac manicures. Only prob is i'm a germaphobe, so i'm constantly washing my hands. That kills it. So one chips, then the next, then there's a broken nail and the next thing.. no more manicure

Popular Posts