At Some Point... You Gotta Face The Fact...

... That after having been out of university 7 and a half years... And after having worked at six companies... It is time to to move from a one-page resume to a two-page resume.

I LOATHE two-page resumes though. I detest them! They are inefficient. What used to irk me more than anything when I was interviewing candidates (recent college grads in particular) was seeing them come into meet me with a two-page resume. I also detested people who arrived late. In fact, I would give the candidate only the required 15 minutes for the interview. No more than that.

In my opinion, when you are less than two years out of school, you have a lot more experience to gain. And all that you have done between college internships and a few jobs outside of school should certainly be able to fit on one clean page. If you can't fit it on there, then that tells me that you don't know anything about organization. And really, why should I bother even talking to you?

I am determined to make my resume one page again. I can do it!

Comments

Me said…
I did it! Yay me!
Anonymous said…
You need a pet or something to occupy your time or something. How about a fluffy furball named Jake!
Me said…
I would gladly take "Jake the Snake" back... But I fear mum won't let her go. She's a lovable creature.

Popular Posts