Grooming and Jeans.

I am in serious need of a few things. These things include:

1. Haircut. (Seriously, it's been since the beginning of February since I last cut my hair.)
2. Hair Coloring. (I haven't colored my hair in about two months... And I can't right now because of the Bikram yoga challenge I'm doing right now.)
3. Eyebrow Waxing. (I haven't waxed my brows since July. At least I think it was July. It may have been May.)
4. New Jeans...

Now that I am a "woman who lunches" full-time, I have to re-think my wardrobe a little. Gone are the days of dressing for the agency-office setting... Which, to be honest, wasn't all that fancy anyway. I wore jeans and nice slacks most days with my flip-flops. But, now that I have no office to dress for, I need more jeans for everyday wear. (I refuse to be one of those people who lounges around in sweats everyday. NO THANKS!)

The thing is though, doing jean shopping MY way is a time-consuming affair... I like to make a good solid afternoon of it. I like to fuel up first by stopping off for some coffee. (Preferably at the "Buttery.") Then, I like to walk (because it is awesome cardio) all the way over to Jean Therapy at the Hotel Commonwealth to dig through the racks. (Though the joint also has some rockin' accessories too. So time needs to be dedicated to considering those.) After that, since I'm in the area, I will walk over to the NU campus and late-lunch at one of the only Taco Bells I've come across in this state. (In Arizona, there is one every five minutes down the road.)

So the jeans shopping takes up a good four to five hours. WIth all the walking, jeans and accessories viewing, the walking to lunch, the lunching itself, and then the walking back home. And right now, I don't have that much time to devote to shopping.

It would be great if I could transport the Taco Bell and the Jean Therapy closer to my home here in the South End or Back Bay. But I am a realist. This is Boston. And the Taco Bell won't be moving any closer. Maybe the Jean Therapy could????

Comments

Anonymous said…
This posting made me smile and laugh out loud. I love walking from one of the city to another as well. I like to pick a good starting place and walk to some place that makes me happy. So I hope sincerely hope that Jean Therapy is that place for you We will excitedly await your arrival, even though I haven't the foggiest notion who the "Missus" truly is. But it makes me so delighted to know that someone in Boston enjoys coming to the shop.

PS...you might want to work on Taco Bell transporting closer b/c one of your requests is already well under way!
Anonymous said…
Ooops, I just re-read the posting; I'm a moron, anyway...

I will look forward to the day when you have more time to come and visit, until then I will just be content with the fact that we are a loved, from afar, destination :)

PS...still love the blog and try to read it every month or so. and also, congrats on keeping up with the birkam challenge, very impressive work!
Anonymous said…
Taco Bell? Shame on you! But I do go to the buttery almost every morning...I wonder if I've seen you!?!?? I continue to enjoy reading your blog. :) Have fun not working while it lasts -- you'll miss it so much later.

Popular Posts