Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 14 - End of Week Two

Day 14! Yay! As of tomorrow, I will be halfway through the challenge.

Whew!

Believe it or not, it actually gets easier to go every day once you get to this point. I'm not tired of it yet.

So, what have I noticed now that I am through week two? Here you go:

1. I got through the first round of exhaustion I experienced around days 10 and 11. By Day 12, I was much better.
2. I'm needing to take fewer water breaks during the class; which means I am more focused.
3. Speaking of focus, I am completely in "the zone" during each pose. No more fidgeting or wiping sweat away.
4. I continue to have more endurance in each posture and can hold them longer.
5. I continue to have more flexibility in each posture and can go deeper into them.
6. As for physical changes in my body; my body parts have each begun to tone up, slowly. The biggest change can be seen in my arms and shoulders. They have noticeably tightened up. (My husband noticed this and pointed it out.)

So, so far, so good. I'm enjoying the challenge. I continue to be motivated to go to class each day. But I agree with what I wrote last week... There would be no way I could do this challenge if I was still working. Yoga is my main project for the next 16 days. I am not picking up any other projects. Anything else I want to do in my life has to fit around the yoga. Once I am done with the challenge, I will probably go to class 4 to 5 times a week. So I will have a little more time for other projects then.

The carefree lifestyle I have now is actually suiting my fancy!

Comments

Popular Posts