A Girl Could Always Use A Discount on Saks.

Hmm... Saks...

It's the shopping mecca for many who live in NYC. However, in Boston, the local Saks Fifth at the Prudential Center Mall leaves a lot to be desired.

Until recently, the Saks here in Boston lacked "flow." It was in desperate need of a good feng-shui. It wasn't a hip place to shop. It was more along the lines of "old, stuffy and puritanical." But with the new Barney's a trendy and new shopping destination merely hundreds of feet away in the Copley end of the mall; Saks recognized it was time to get things in shape.

So for months now, the Saks Fifth Avenue has been in disarray. Men's wear is where women's wear used to be. Shoes are upstairs. (Which is too much of a commitment to wade through the mess.) And the beauty counters were all relegated to near the escalators; under very bad lighting. All of this is in effort for a brand new look and feel to the joint... Part of which, the main floor, has had a "grand" unveiling of sorts in the past few days... Or so this invite that was sent to me says:



I guess it pays off to actually give some stores your mailing address when you buy something with them... In addition to the invite, I got a $25 gift card to use the next time I shop there.

Though, because I'm not working now, my need for new clothes isn't as dire as it was a few weeks ago. I don't need any fancy shoes or shirts now... What I have now is barely going to be in rotation.

Hmm... But I could buy another pair of jeans. Jeans I always wear!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jeans! Did someone say jeans?

I hope that you will come in and see what's new in the store. We are expecting a new shipment of Paiges in time for the weekend.

PS...I can't talk about it too much but a second location is in the works (I'm brimming with pride on this new addition) and let's just say that I think you might be very happy with where it ends up ;)
--Leah @ Jean Therapy

Popular Posts