This Is the Internet Industry Afterall...

Things move pretty quickly working in the Interactive space... We can launch campaigns in mere minutes (almost) and we can start attracting consumers at the few clicks of a button...

But when it comes to your career in the Interactive space, things move at lightening speed as well.

I gave my notice yesterday. I gave nearly three months of notice to make sure I wasn't abandoning my team and leaving them holding work. My company decided that the three months was not necessary and asked me to leave today.

The innocent victims are the clients (who were sufficietly demanding and I learned a lot from) and my team.

So today is bitter sweet. I am happy to be able to rest some and get healthy (those of you who know me personally know what I mean)... But I am sad that a company where I built out an Search Engine Optimization program that delivered competent and solid results decided that I wasn't worthy of the typical "good-bye" elements. No "good-bye" to the entire team I worked with... No "good-bye" lunch... No "thanks for all those times you offered to help pay for team outting from your own pocket"... (Hey, the people I worked with were awesome. I didn't mind shelling out to celebrate and thank them...) I didn't even get a "thank you" for the long hours I put in (though every one did the same) or for the job very well-done I did throughout my time there.

I am also sad for the large amount of work that has been "bequeathed" to my team. That's gonna be a bitch.

But I am moving on now. And fully intend to be available for those who need me to chat with them. And as a parting gift to you all (my loyal readers), I offer you the very classy resignation letter I offered HR. (I have dubbed it "classy.") Enjoy.


To: XXXXX XXXX

XXXXXXXX, SEM

XXXXX XXXXXX

XXX XXXXXXXXXX Street

Boston, MA XXXXX

CC: XXXXXX XXXXX

Human Resources XXXXXXXXXX

October 10, 2006



Hi XXXXX,

I am putting together this formal letter to let you know I have decided that it is time for me to take a break from working. Therefore, this is a letter of resignation. However, I will leave my end date up to you; as you will know what is best for the team. With the SEO projects on the schedule for the remainder of the quarter, I am making myself available to you and the team till 12/29/2006. If you would like me to leave before then, I will respect your wishes.

I would like to thank you for the opportunities you have made possible for me here at XXXXX XXXXXX. I am exhausted, however, and need a break to re-charge myself and my life.

Again, thank you for helping me grow professionally. The team is lucky to have someone leading them that provides solid opportunities for growth.

Sincerely,

The Missus

Comments

CMad said…
Whoa... wait... weren't you just... Ah - too many questions - I'll email you directly.

Popular Posts