Displaying Jewelry.

Moving back into a New York apartment means figuring out how to make do with less space. This time around, I am living in Manhattan instead of Brooklyn. And that means I pay more $$$$ for less space. So when picking out furniture last week, I had to make a decision about what I wanted to buy for my bedroom.

Obviously a bed was important. But I decided against getting a headboard. I also decided against getting a dresser, since I have a large closet.  I realized I could easily buy small stackable baskets to house all things I kept in my dresser drawers back in Toronto.  But there was one issue I was having...

"What do I do with all my jewelry?"

I like to have my jewelry displayed, so that I can see it.  If it's just shoved in a drawer, I am less inclined to wear it. I need to see it to piece it together with an outfit.

So in order for me to accomplish this, I chose a different way of displaying it...



On plastic hooks, hung on the inside door of my closet!

Now, to figure out a way to display my scarves...

Comments

urbancowgirl said…
I'm the same way - I need to see all my accessories or I'll never wear them. If you're looking for a solution for scarves, I use this little baby from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70108912 doesn't take up a lot of space, I hang it in my coat closet and I can still see all my scarves.
bikramyogachick said…
I totally need to do something like this. I always forget what I have and end up wearing the same pieces over and over! Great idea~!
Pumpkin Seeds said…
Hi Heather!! Saw that you're on a new adventure and I'm working with another coworker of yours now (Christine Carlson) and you came up in conversation today so wanted to pop in and say hi. Let me know if you want a new look for your blog with your new city. Cheers! -Beth
meg said…
Over the door (if you have another door to put it over) clear pocket shoe rack... roll each one, perfect.
Cara said…
I use decrotive knobs and pulls from like Cost World Market, etc and screw them into my wall and hang all my jewlery from it. My aunt uses thumb tacks so there is something for everyone! Too cute!!

Popular Posts