I Can Legally Drive!

Boo-yah!

After about seven changes of address in the past 12 years, I have FINALLY updated my license...


I have a New York State one now!

My old license, procured on December 4, 1999, didn't expire until I was 65 years old.

Yes, you read that correct.  SIXTY-FIVE!

In Arizona, you have the option of not having to bother much with renewing it (unless you change address) until you hit the relative retirement age. So even though I have moved seven times since getting the thing, I just never bothered to change it.

But I had grown afraid of trying to drive in Arizona.  If I was pulled over, they would see that I hadn't shown up for jury summons because I was living out of state. (I am paranoid. Not that I had been summoned. But if I had been, I wouldn't know.)

But now it is updated. And I can once again freely drive.


Comments

Anonymous said…
The irony is, now that you live in NYC you won't need to drive! :)
Me said…
I pray this remains true.

Popular Posts