NYC Home.

A sigh of relief!

I now have a home in NYC.  Phew!

I had been freaking out over the past few weeks, as I pretty much fell in love with the first apartment we saw when we visited three weeks ago.  We looked at a few other apartments, but none compared to this one.  So we started all the paperwork.

But it wasn't as easy to secure as a typical apartment rental in NYC, because it is a condo.  Which means the owner first has to like your profile.  Then you have to fill out a ton of paperwork, including various certified checks for fees of all kinds. And then you have to get some things notarized.  And you need references (personal and business). And you need to annually make 40 times the monthly rent you will be paying (which I do easily, on my own.)  And the condo board who gets final approval is allowed to take 30 days to decide on an application.

So, if they hadn't approved it, I was going to be screwed.  As I start my job in just a few weeks.

So, as you can expect... I was all sorts of anxious.  Not sleeping. Not really eating. (I've been living on Pumpkin Spice Lattes.)  I am the kind of person who plows through projects, doesn't stop till their done.  And this was a case where I wasn't in control of everything, so my patience was eating away at me.

But now it's been approved!  And now it's just a matter of working out the final details.

Here are some pictures I snapped of the place when I was there last month...

Kitchen



Living Room



















Comments

Cara said…
It looks so big in NYC standards!! congrats!
Me said…
It's about 700 square feet.
bikramyogachick said…
It looks awesome! Congrats!

Popular Posts