Things That Make Me Angry.

I am not an angry person.  At least, not outwardly.  I mean, I think I come across as compassionate and nice.  Accept when presented with the following things, for which I have anger towards...

  • Salmon. I do not like salmon. I had some in Hong Kong last month, though. And it for the first time in my life, I found it delicious. But in general, don't give me salmon. It creeps me out.
  • Mussels.  And pretty much most shellfish... And squid, while we're at it.  
  • Frogs.  Like Savanna Guthrie, I have an irrational fear of slimy amphibians. Which is probably why I had a lot of first dates back in my dating days. I just was not willing to kiss any frogs and settle.
  • Hard boiled eggs. This one is for reals, serious. You want to see me get angry... Try feeding me hard boiled eggs.  I am creeped out by them, their texture, their smell, their look.  Eww! And no, putting them in something and mixing it all up does not help. In fact, it only makes me angrier.
  • Santa Claus. And any other character that adults like to dress up as to entertain or entice children. It's just wrong. The Easter Bunny.  Disney Characters.  Freaking clowns!  Holy shiz! You want to see me lose my shiz, put a clown in front of me.  
  • Snails. It's funny... I can deal with mice and spiders... But snails? (Shudders)
  • Lack of feminism.  Now, in case you are unaware, feminism is defined as "The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." So, based on this definition - unless you are sexist - everyone should be down with "feminism."  It's just about women wanting to be equal to men. So at a minimum, ALL WOMEN should be feminists.  And most men too.  Unless you really truly think men are superior to women (which they're not), in which case I think you're not a smart person. (And that's me being nice with how I express it.)
  • Anything Cristina Aguilera does. I can not stand this woman. Such a wasted talent. Too much diva these days - actually, she's been too much diva since she got started.  And she's not original.  Everything she does is lame and usually ripped off in some way from someone else.  Beautiful voice though. 
  • Grey's Anatomy. Ugh. I know so many people who watch this show. Some of you are my online BFFs, even. But this show bores me to tears. I don't even need to watch it, and I can tell you what's going on... Because it ain't got real good writing. Bad formula.  Weak characters. It makes me angry to have to know this show is still being watched by people.
  • Reality TV. Not all reality TV is bad. Just 99% of it.  Off hand, I can't think of any reality TV that I do watch that is actually good.  I only watch it if there is nothing else on that's good.  The only TV I seem to watch consistently lately is HBO on Sunday nights.
  • American Express. Oh, Amex...  How you did me wrong.  True Story: About a month ago, just before I left for Hong Kong, I called Amex (the only credit card I kept live after moving to Canada) and told them I would be traveling in Asia. They told me not to worry, that my card would work fine. In fact, the representative told me that I didn't have to tell Amex when I was traveling, as they have a system in place that ore accurately detects fraud. They also told me I would not need to worry about having my card shut off while traveling, as they don't do that  to customers. They told me to have a great trip, and actually let me know that I had a $140 CREDIT on my card for over paying it.  (I'm anal with bills that I actually have knowledge of.) Well, guess what happens once I go to check in to my hotel in Hong Kong?  My Amex gets declined. Why? Because it had been shut down.  Why? Because I HADN'T USED IT IN A FEW MONTHS. Seriously, that's what Amex told me when I called them FROM HONG KONG, ON MY DIME to ask, "WTF?"  They told me, "Oh. Sorry ma'am. Your card was actually cancelled three months ago due to inactivity.  We don't keep cards open that don't get used."  When I explained that I had called TWO DAYS before and none of that had been mentioned to me, they apologized.  I asked about my $140 credit, they're response was, "Oh yes. We see that. I guess we'll have to cut you a check."  I guess you won't get my business ever again, Amex.  And such a shame too, because I am a customer who ACTUALLY LIKES TO SHOP AND HAS MONEY TO PAY THEIR BILLS.  So, in my loveliest voice, Dear Amex, "FUCK YOU!" (Sorry for the un-lady-like tone there. But come on! You shut my card off for NOT USING IT AND OVER-PAYING?)

I think that's pretty much it. These are the things that make me angry.  Lately.  I really should do a post that covers the things that make me swoon lately.  Besides Carine Roitfeld.


Comments

thedancingj said…
OMG you just used "accept" for "except."

I love hard boiled eggs but hate olives. To each her own!
Me said…
That is how angry hard boiled eggs make me! I use incorrect instances of words. I LOVE olives. I guess we even the Universe out.
Elisa said…
I'm with you on the feminism thing. I actually say just that in class when we talk about the importance of a definition.

I had a similar credit card story when I traveled to Mexico, but yours takes it up a notch. I bet you'll find it funny a year from now--it's just so bad.
Cara said…
"Anything Cristina Aguilera does."- Priceless and agreed!

Popular Posts