I Am A New Yorker.

I have no Internet in my apartment. Or furniture.

Well, that's a lie.

The previous renter of the apartment left her Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop mattress, box spring and frame in the apartment.  As well as an expensive garbage can.  I tossed the mattress... Kept the box spring and frame and garbage can.  My Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop mattress arrived from Sleepy's this morning. So last night, I slept on my yoga mat on the hardwood floor.

Needless to say... I am exhausted. The past two days have been EXHAUSTING.

But I am here.  And extremely excited. I have been to The Container Store and Bed, Bath & Beyond way more times than I care to admit.  I have unpacked the TV I ordered and plugged it in. I somehow have a ton of channels, even though the cable guy doesn't come until Tuesday this week. It sucks not having Internet though. And all of my neighbors are smart enough to password-protect their wireless.

Where's the trust, people? (Kidding!)

Work starts next Wednesday, when I fly to Chicago to do some on-boarding.  Furniture has been ordered, and will hopefully start to arrive in the next week or two.  But I am fine for now, as long as I have a bed and a TV. Though, not in the same room.

I will share pictures of the apartment as furniture starts to arrive and the place looks human. But for now, I leave you with a peek at one of my most favorite things about New York City...

Cheap bodega flowers!



These are from the bodega on the corner. You can't beat 20 beautifully pink roses for $8.  EIGHT DOLLARS!

I forgot about the flowers in NYC!  Love!

Now, to Skype with The Husband.  As we do every evening now. Though for now, I do it from a Starbucks.

Comments

Cara said…
Pretty Flowers! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!!
bikramyogachick said…
What an exciting adventure! I cannot wait to see the pics as your apartment comes together!

Popular Posts