Carine's World.

I was never a follower of French Vogue during Carine Roitfeld's time.  I occasionally would pick up a copy in the bookstore, flip through it, look at the price and put it back down on the rack.

It was too expensive for something written in a language that would take me an hour for each paragraph to read and figure out what it was referencing.  Though I enjoyed the styling of the pictures... I've never been a gal who can look at something and be amazed by it.  Not with men (oh! he's so cute! I love him!). Not with fashion (it's so severe and gorgeous! I must have it!).  Not with anything else.

I have to have a little bit of knowledge and/or a conversation about something before I can commit to it.

One thing I am intrigued by, recently, is Carine Roitfeld... The former editrix of French Vogue. And her most recent work has my interest piqued...

Styling a catalog for Barney's... This is her photo from one of the adverts. And I love it  She looks edgy and glamorous. I love the crimson nails and the star in her cheek.  And the softness of the leather and cashmere combo... Plus her shiny hair...

Swoon! Girl crush, the likes of which have not been seen since Ginnifer Goodwin circa 2007.

Comments

Liz said…
It's been forevs since I've posted a comment. I still read( : I like her, too. Did you read her snippet interview on nytimes.com? TOM.FORD.swoon. Weird interview. I'm so jelly you are moving to NYC! I'll look you up next time I'm there. We'll get Starbucks. Are you going to blog about Missoni for Target? Or fashion week?? Would/will you wear Missoni for Target??( : See you on facebook love. eliz. kelley

Popular Posts