LES Meandering.

Lovely night's sleep on the new mattress last night meant that I didn't wake up until 10:30am this morning.

Good lord!

But given that I did so much my first two days back in the city, I had no agenda for the day.  Well, just a vague one.  I wanted to get lost walking around the lower part of the city.

So off to the High Line I went, walking to the end.  Then down into the West Village, to Bleeker. Stopped in at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store and picked up a few tank tops (cheaper than at the GAP!!)... Then walked Bleeker to the East side.  Then down Orchard towards Houston. I was on a slight mission...

I wanted to find Babycakes, the gluten-free vegan bakery. And I did!  I went in to the tiny and adorable shop. I saw Erin, the owner, behind the counter.  A CELEBRITY! (I think she is, anyway.)  I picked up a gluten-free carrot and maple cupcake.



Carrot cake and maple-flavored faux cream cheese. YUM! And the blackstrap molasses drizzled on top gave it a nice bitterness.  Perfect!

Comments

Popular Posts