Guilty Pleasure: Macarons.

Spent part of the afternoon walking around the city, looking for some things for the apartment.  As I walked through the West Village... I came across loads of cupcake shops.

Tres boring.

I am not in a "cupcake mood." Not today, anyway. Perhaps tomorrow.

I found myself craving something else sweet and confectionary... Macarons.

As I circled back to my neighborhood (above 14th), I finally came across a shop with macarons.

Divine!


They had so many flavors; but I ultimately chose a pink champagne, pina colada, white chocolate with coconut and pumpkin. 

The pumpkin one was the best.  Now I need to plot out where other macaron shops are in this city. I intend to walk to as many as I can over the next few months.

Comments

Cara said…
Thats so fuuny you posted this. I had my first Macaron last week ever. And I was not a fan. I didn't even realize that was what I had eaten until you posted this pic. I wished I had loved them, maybe I just had a bad one?!?
Me said…
You may have. The flavors can get quite exotic. I find that the Sea Salt & Caramel ones are DELISH. As are almond-flavored ones and vanilla ones.

THe pumpkin one tasted like pumpkin pie. The Pink Champagne one was not very good.
Anonymous said…
Bouchon and Financier Patisserie have amazing macarons!
Me said…
Ooh! Thank you! Merci beaucoup!
Anonymous said…
You're welcome! I picked up a carrot cake macaron after work today from Bouchon! Nom nom! :)
Anonymous said…
Laduree opened up on the UES...hands down the best!

Popular Posts