Amsterdam: An Evening Walk & Thai Food.

I had committed to staying in... But a bubble bath revived me enough to want to step out into the 55-degree weather, complete with drizzly rain and overcast skies as the Sun set.

Amsterdam's romantic moody side was calling me to come out for a walk.





Eventually, I realized I should eat some dinner. I found a Thai place off of one of the canal streets, called Soen.


It was nearly 8:30 at night. I asked the waitress to bring me one of her favorite beers, as well as a bottle of sparkling water.


One of my favorite things about Amsterdam and sparkling water are (what I've determined to be) these little "muddle sticks" they place in the cup with your lemon slice. I don't know if that is exactly what they are meant to be used for - muddling the lemon - but that's what I used it for. One came with my room service sparkling water earlier today too.

I ordered some vegetarian Tom Kha soup.


It felt like a "soup" moment, with the rain and chilly weather.  It was perfect.

And then I ordered some spicy Pad Thai with chicken...


... And it was the best Pad Thai I have had outside of Phuket, Thailand. Though, I was only able to eat about a third of what they brought me. (Jet lag dulls my appetite.)

Afterwards, I broke out my umbrella and stepped back into the cold rain. It was still light out, despite being just after 9:30pm at night.

Comments

Popular Posts