Vignette: The View From My Writing Spot.

I would argue that it's probably one of the best spots to view life in the Hub of the Universe (Boston). So much natural light, when the season allows for it... And a lively sense of action on the street below...

This is where I spend my days when I am here in Boston...



It's my dining table. I sit perched on the cushioned bench, with my back facing East. I've created a cozy space to look at over my laptop screen. And even though I have an office with a lovely desk and couch, I rarely spend much time in it.

No, I prefer to be able to turn in my seat and look out the window next to my table...



Tremont Street is just below me. And I can see the Hancock Tower brooding in Winter and sparkling in Summer.

My landlord is contemplating finally selling this place when I move out in a few months. He's owned it for over 15 years now, and would stand to make a wonderful profit. But the place does need work. And while I am sure he would easily find someone to buy this place for what he is asking, I wouldn't touch it for that price.

The tilting floors. The cracks in the walls. The thin windows. The decaying bathrooms. Even the kitchen would need to be gutted...


Sure, it looks fine for a rental. But the cost of this place would necessitate that you gut it and fix it up.

It is a great space. And a great view. In a great neighborhood.

Okay... Maybe I would buy it. I'll admit it... My goal is to find something as charming as this permanently in San Diego.

Comments

Popular Posts