San Diego: "See You At Tha Crossroads."

I haven't had much use for listening to the radio in the past 14 years. That's because I haven't owned a car. And while I know there are much better options for listening music while driving, while I rent a car this weekend to scoot around San Diego... I am playing it "old school" and listening to the radio.

And it's bad.

Radio stations suck. I've listened to them in Toronto (on the rare occasion my ex-husband and I would drive somewhere), Phoenix (a few weeks ago, visiting family) and San Diego (over the past three months). And there is nothing redeeming about them. They all play the same songs over and over again.

Case in point: I've been in San Diego only 48 hours... And I have heard this song THREE TIMES!


Seriously? Tha Crossroads from Bone Thugs N' Harmony from 1996? This song came out when I was a Freshman in college! And while I found it catchy back then, I hadn't heard it in at least 17 years.

I should note, I heard it on THREE DIFFERENT stations while driving around this weekend. I guess everyone was in a mood to bring it back? Nostalgia, much?

The best part of the video is the shout out to Eazy-E towards the end.

Okay... Maybe I do still like the song.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wish I'd seen this before you departed SD. Have you stumbled across 102.1, Kpri? They are locally owned, play a nice mix of things, older, as well as new artists.
-Edie

Popular Posts