Seven Weeks On The Go.

A week till the craziest of all my travel schedules starts.

This is how I spent my morning...


Drinking out of my favorite mug (though it may soon become my second favorite mug - as Frogger may have found one that tops even this one), and reviewing the cities I am scheduled to visit when I leave for Europe on May 27th.

Before that, though, I hit Mexico and head back to San Diego for a weekend. So while I have five and a half weeks in Europe... I will be "on the go" for about seven and a half.

I'll be coming back a totally different person, perhaps. Maybe?

While I have all of my cities, plane tickets and train tickets and hotels all booked up and ready to go... I still need to research what all I am going to do in each city.


So far, I am most excited about Istanbul. Rome is my favorite city - always. But the stuff I am seeing about Istanbul sounds epic.

Even though I have been traveling since December, I still have to remind myself to "live in the moment." That's been what this travel has been about overall. Learning to live NOW... Because my tendency is to live months out in advance.

"Presence" is still a struggle for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm going to Rome in 4 weeks for three days, going to the Vatican for sure, what else would you recommend? Amie
Me said…
The Angel Castle (near the Vatican), the Forum... Trevi Fountain (lots of great restaurants near there), walk up the Spanish Steps and grab a drink at the hotel bar at the top. Just meandering the streets of the city provides an awesome adventure. One thing you can skip is touring the Colosseum. Just seeing it from the outside is enough. You're not missing anything by not going in.
Anonymous said…
I, too, love Rome and I lament the fact that I went to Paris rather than Rome last Christmas, but every experience is a good one. I am going on my first trip to Santa Fe in a week and I am super excited as it's a place I never thought I'd visit...

Popular Posts